Gorwel Newydd Extra Care Scheme, is a development by Clwyd Alyn Housing Association, part of the Pennaf Housing Group, in partnership with Denbighshire County Borough Council. Clwyd Alyn will provide the housing management and ancillary services on-site, whilst Conwy County Borough Council will take responsibility for the provision of the on-site Domiciliary Care, on a 24 hour basis, for tenants with an assessed need. Extra Care offers flexibility in the care provided. The care is tailored towards your individual care and support needs, to help you maintain privacy, dignity, independence and choice.
What is Extra Care?
Extra Care is an innovative concept, where you can experience Independent Living but with the advantage of many important support, care and housing amenities being drawn together in the same complex. The aim is to ensure you are able to remain independent and in control of your life, whilst benefiting from the services and social contact which is available if required.
Extra Care Housing is different to other forms of traditional services for older people because:
- You are living in your own home with a legal form of tenure
- You are not living in a residential home type of environment
- You will have your own front door; you will decide who comes into your home
- Couples and friends can potentially stay together
- There will be a mix of able and less able older people living in the same scheme
- 24-hour care, support and ancillary services are available on site, if you need them
- There will be a Scheme Manager on site to help you manage your tenancy
- You will get support to keep you independent
- You can join in social activities if you want to
- You will have total control over your finances
- You will have security
- The aim is that an apartment on the scheme becomes a home for life
Each apartment is equipped with the very latest hi-tech Telecare and security system equipment, ensuring that help or assistance is just a touch of a button away. The aim is to maintain independence as far as possible, backed up by care and support as you need it, to provide peace of mind now and for the future.
For further information about our other schemes, please click here.
Clwyd Alyn Housing Association is one of the best established and most respected providers of housing and related services in North Wales. Our approach, developed over many years of working with older people, focuses on individual needs, with care and support to maintain independence privacy, dignity, and choice.